All news and events of the last minute
News and Events
All the communications issued by MeC
- 10 years serving you
Ten years of MeC: Thanks to those who worked, who are still working...
- MeC is official Partner of the Start Up BEOND for the electric vehicle XAM 2.0
BEOND and the IEHV Research Group of the Politecnico of Turin took...
Pneumatic collection system
Pneumatic system for waste collection
MeC provides comparative and environmental analysis between the system of pneumatic waste collection and other collection methods, such as dumpsters on the road or underground containers, door to door methods, etc..
We compare the environmental impacts in terms of carbon emissions, energy consumption per collected ton of waste and vehicle traffic.
MeC also develops comparative economic studies related to investment costs and annual management costs for different waste collection systems.
System stationary suction waste
The pneumatic system, that is modular and integrated, is able to solve the various problems of waste collection, to achieve the objectives that the Local Laws and regulations require.
We can also automate the various processes, reducing the costs of collection, and establishing the user price detailed.
MeC works with an advanced program that generates three different relations:
- Environmental Statement;
- Environmental Study;
- Study of the economic feasibility
It is important to educate people on what can be given inside the pneumatic collection system.
Based on experience, we found that the plants are most efficient when users know how the system works, what are the fractions of waste that can be introduced, and where they can confer other types of waste. MeC is able to organize appropriate information campaigns for users.
Another reason to inform people is to increase the rate of waste separation. Users need to be familiar with these systems of collection and should understand the importance of recycling and their contribution to the environment.
Often a new technology is an incentive to change people's behavior.
MeC and its partners are able to make information campaigns and personalized tutorials to plant, leaflets and gadgets, specific presentations to citizens, etc... with the aim of an optimum use of the system.
Aspiration system for the pneumatic collection of waste
This system carries waste in underground and watertight pipes to a collection point, where the waste is compacted and accumulated in closed containers. A flow of aspirated air carries up to the collection station the waste already differentiated.
This system can collect different kinds of waste. The separation is made using an injection source for each type of waste that we have to collect. Typically, a pneumatic system operates from two to four types of waste.
Once at the collection station, each type is addressed to the specific containers. The system maintains the waste separation originally made by the user.
The main objectives of a pneumatic collection system are:
- Collection of mixed waste and recyclable materials near the site of origin.
- Automatic transport of mixed and recyclables waste from the point of transfer to the collection station.
- Reduction of manual operations.
- Reduce the environmental impact related to energy consumption and gas emissions.
- To encourage the waste separation.
- Tracking the user bestower (with the possibility of a detailed charging).
Mobile system suction waste
The possible applications of a stationary system for collecting pneumatic are shown below depending on the intended use and the type of waste collected:
The pneumatic system of collection is thought to facilitate the separate collection.
Several independent studies have shown that the presence of a pneumatic collection system favors:
- high user participation and a high quality of the collected waste.
- The localization of the columns of the collection has strategic importance: their accessibility and visibility allow to regulate of users and to ensure cleaner injection points and more effective waste separation.
- The eventual use of locks or access cards allows to control the flow of waste and improve the quality of the various types collected.
- A good way to maintain high the users awareness is to conduct studies on service quality and on level of separate waste collection with the publication of data.
Extraction systems for industrial kitchens, catering on flights ...
Sustainability and environmental aspects
The emission of CO2 and other gases is perhaps the most important factor for environmental sustainability and this must also be considered for the collection and waste management.
The traditional vehicle: the vehicle is traveling on the streets of the neighborhood to empty every single point of delivery. The CO2 and other greenhouse gases are emitted in two phases, the first refers to the vehicle in motion, on the way into the neighborhood and on the way to/from the truck parking area, the second one is related to the high consumption of fuel needed to operate the mechanisms for loading/unloading containers and compaction on the vehicle itself, during the collection process at each point of injection.
The pneumatic system uses electrical energy to start the turbo extractors that generate the aspiration of the waste.
Its environmental impact is therefore linked to the sources used by the city or the country in which the system is installed.
Other important environmental factors to note for choosing a waste collection system are:
- Odors and emissions from trucks and smelly waste
- Potential dirt during the collection process
- Movement of heavy vehicles in residential areas
MeC and its partners will provide further details on environmental impact analysis obtained by a special software, developed in cooperation with a major Swedish Environmental Institute, which compares the environmental consequences of different waste collection systems.